5 Reasons a Prom Limo is a Good Idea
April 17th, 2012
If you're thinking about renting a prom limo in Toronto, you may have a lot on your mind. Prices may be swirling around in there, and then you might be questioning whether it is really worth the extra money to get your teenager a limo for prom. However, it's about much more than just creating special memories for your teen.
Here are five other reasons you should consider getting a prom limo for your teen:
- Convenience – Why should you have to take your teens to prom and then pick them up when they would rather let someone else drive anyway? There's no doubt your teens are worried about the "cool factor," and nothing is less cool than mom or dad dropping them off at prom. In addition to them complaining about your insistence on driving them off, then you have to turn around and pick them up late at night. It is much more convenient to hire someone else to do it.
- Safety – Studies have shown that teens drive less safely when there are other teens in the car, so few things are scarier for some parents than letting their teen get behind the wheel of a car filled with their friends, especially on a night that's all about partying. By renting a limo, you can rest assured that they will have a safe ride to and from prom and wherever else they end up going that night, whether it's out to dinner or even a romantic ride on the town.
- Rules not created by mom and dad – By renting your teen a limo for prom, you are giving him or her the opportunity to follow the rules of society. Since these are rules set forth by the limo company, your teen can't complain at you for those rules, and those rules can help make the night calmer because generally you will agree with every single one of them.
- Adult supervision (almost) – The beauty of having a chauffeur is just a little bit of adult supervision. Teens certainly don't want to feel like they are being watched by adults, but if they are riding in a limo, the driver is watching them to some extent. Your teens won't even realize that they are being watched, so they are free to have a good time within the limits set forth by the prom limo company.
- Lower the likelihood your teen will drink – Usually one of the rules of riding in a limousine is no underage drinking. Your teens might not listen if mom or dad tells them not to drink, but if drinking will jeopardize their ride, then they will be much less likely to do it.
These days you just can't be too careful with your teenagers. You want them to have fun and enjoy these years, but you also want them to be safe. Renting a prom limo is the perfect middle ground. You can enable them to be safe without actually being there yourself. It will put your mind at ease while also making prom night even more special for your teens.
When it does come time to choose a provider for the limo that will take them to prom, be sure to ask plenty of questions up front. Find out what kinds of rules they have for passengers and how they are enforced. You want a company that takes this responsibility seriously so that you do not have to worry about your teenagers while they are out with their friends on this special night.
5 Star Limousine provide limousine services throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Whether you need a stretch limousine to prom event, or special transportation for a party or big event, we'll be there. You can also choose from a variety of options inside their vehicles, like a flat screen TV, bar, DVD player, leather seats, and even fiber optic lighting. Check out our limousine fleet.Back to Blog Index