Tips for a Hassle-free Wedding Limousine
June 19th, 2012
Choosing a hassle-free wedding limousine can seem like a bit task. After all, it's just another item on the to-do list. Planning a wedding involves a lot of moving parts, and the limo is just one of those parts. So how do you make sure that the car that will take you and your new spouse to the reception hall won't just add to the stress of the day? Follow these tips for selecting the right wedding limousine:
- Start looking for your limo at least three months before the event, if not as many as eight months before. If you've got your heart set on an exclusive service with a special car that no one else offers, then you will definitely want to book the car sooner rather than later. Standard limos can be booked a little bit later.
- Get referrals from friends and family members who live in your area and got married recently. They will be able to tell you if they were happy with the service they received and if so, which company they used.
- Plan to spend about a week talking to several limo company candidates and checking out the vehicles they offer. You should worry if they won't let you see the car you will rent before the big day. This is a sign of one of two situations. It could be that the car is in such poor shape that they don't want you to see it until it's too late. Or it could be because they will subcontract the work out and you will have no idea who will be showing up until they arrive to pick you up after the ceremony.
- Ask the limo company if the car they are showing you is really the one you will be riding in and then ask how large their fleet is. If they book a lot more weddings than they have cars for, you can be sure that there is a good chance you will be one of the couples who ends up with a car that has been subcontracted from another company.
- Make sure there is a clear contract that spells out everything, including every possible fee that exists. You should never book with a company that won't be up front with what is expected for the price they are offering. If there is no contract, just skip them and go to a company that will spell everything out for you in writing.
- Call about a week before the wedding to make sure that you are on the schedule and that the driver will arrive on time. If you can, fax a list of instructions to the limo company, including directions on how to get to the church and to the reception hall or anything else they might be helpful. Be sure to type up the instructions so that the driver will have no problems reading them.
- Keep a copy of those instructions with you on the big day and give them to the driver in case the driver never received them. This will make it easier for him to deliver you to the right place without having to ask for directions.
Selecting the perfect wedding limousine should be one of the small details that you don't worry too much about. There are so many other moving parts on the big day that you shouldn't have to worry about transportation too. Spend some time finding a trusted, responsible company so that you don't need to worry about it.
If you live in Toronto, we can help you with your hassle-free wedding limousine in Toronto.Back to Blog Index