Top 10 Prom Theme Ideas
April 10th, 2014
Prom committee members, you have a lot of planning ahead of you. This year, choose a theme that is fun and different.
Typically, every prom is a slight variation of a “Night to Remember” cheesy theme. Do something different, and make sure that your prom really is unforgettable.
Check out these top 10 prom theme ideas.
1. Casino Night – Set up a casino night theme for your prom. Think Vegas, and go big. Set up tables where your friends can take a break from dancing and play cards. Hang tons of lights, and get a huge slot machine cake.
2. Yule Ball – All the Harry Potter fans will love a Yule Ball themed prom. Bring in tons of Christmas trees, and decorate the whole room with fake snow and Christmas lights. Have the chaperones dress up in wizard’s robes, and place Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans on the tables as favors. Set up a drink station where your friends can grab a glass of butterbeer. The fact that it’s springtime makes this theme even more fun.
3. Masquerade Ball – Host a masquerade ball prom. Decorate the venue like a French castle, complete with chandeliers and torches. Everyone should complete their gown or tux with a mask of their own creation. You can even award prizes for the best masks. This adds an air of mystery as well as a fun, exciting new element to prom night.
4. Mardi Gras – Choose a Mardi Gras theme for your prom, and bring the French Quarter of New Orleans to your dance. Of course, you’ll need plenty of beads, as well as masks, confetti, and boas. Serve gumbo for dinner and beignets for dessert.
5. Candyland – It may be a bit elementary, but it’s also a lot of fun. Set up a walkway with candy colored squares leading through the room, just like you’re walking across the Candyland board. Use lots of bright colors in the tablecloths and décor, and set up tables with big jars of candy. At the entrances, place giant lollipops and gingerbread men.
6. Jungle – Think Avatar or Rainforest Café. Hang vines from the ceiling, and use a fog machine to create a jungle mist. Have chaperones dress as Navis or lions and tigers.
7. Alice in Wonderland – Imagine you just fell down the rabbit hole, and you’re sitting at the Mad Hatter’s tea party. Decorate with oversized playing cards, clocks, and pocket watches. Set up a backdrop of a garden wall with ivy and flowers where guests can take photos. Chaperones can dress as the Queen of Hearts or Mad Hatter.
8. Year of the Horse – 2014 is the year of the horse in the Chinese calendar. Go with a Chinese New Year theme, or simply a horse theme. Hang lots of lanterns from the ceiling for a warm glow. You could serve Chinese food and set the table with chop sticks. Be sure to give every guest a fortune cookie.
9. Arabian Nights – Be inspired by Aladdin. Create a Middle Eastern vibe with rich, silk draperies on the walls and piles of cushions on the floor. Provide a henna station where guests can get temporary tattoos.
10. Haunted House – Who doesn’t love a zombie? Pull out the Halloween decorations and create a spooky setting for the prom. Get underclassmen to dress up as zombies or vampires to scare the guests.
These top 10 prom theme ideas are some fun, unusual themes to help you get inspired. When you are making your prom plans, don’t forget to contact 5 Star Limousine to reserve your prom limo.
We are a limousine service company in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario. We provide a luxurious fleet of limousine and an excellent service to fulfill your limo service needs such as wedding limo,prom limo,bachelor/bachelorette night outs,corporate events, special events, film crews, film festivals and we even provide airport transportation!
We have an elegant fleet of limousines that is perfect for your special day. We served people from the Scarborough, Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto, and surrounding areas.
Contact 5 Star Limousine at http://www.5starlimousine.ca/book.html to make your reservation today and get a special price!Back to Blog Index