Toronto Theatres - Musicals, Plays and Shows in Toronto
June 29th, 2013
This summer is a great time to check out some of the fabulous musicals, plays, and other shows happening in Toronto. Don't know what's playing? Here is your guide to some of the great shows you can choose from in Toronto this summer.
1. Famous People Players Dinner Theatre - This theatre does shows that are completely glow in the dark. Many of the performers have disabilities, and use art to dispel limitations. The package includes the show and a four-course meal by celebrity chef, Christopher Woods. In honor of Italian Heritage Month, the theatre is presenting Bada Boom! Bada Bing! during the month of June. Beginning in July, the theatre will present Oldies But Goodies. This 50's throwback show is tons of fun. In August, Hi-Yo Silver begins. This musical tells the story of the founder of Famous People Players, Diane Dupuy. Lunch and dinner seatings are available for all shows.
2. Second City Toronto - It's hard to find a show in Toronto that is more fun than Second City. Known for launching the careers of many famous comedians and Saturday Night Live cast members, Second City remains an accessible venue for live sketch comedy and improv shows. From July 2 - 14, Second City will be presenting Slap Shot Live! This is a stage adaptation of the classic movie, considered to be one of the best guy movies of all time. The Second City National Touring Company will be presenting The Best of Second City on Mondays and Fridays throughout the summer. This show includes some of the best and funniest sketches from the last 50 years. You can also catch Princess Polly and the World's Smallest Ninja, a family-friendly show that will run throughout the summer. Performances of this heart-warming story take place on Thursday and Sunday afternoons.
3. Ed Mirvish Theatre - The Wizard of Oz is being presented at the Ed Mirvish Theatre (formerly Canon Theatre) through August 18. This is the Andrew Lloyd Weber production of the classic, and it is a hit with people of all ages. Get your tickets for this Broadway hit now!
4. Panasonic Theatre - CATS is playing at the Panasonic Theatre until July 3. This is the first time in 25 years that the show is presented with an all-Canadian cast. CATS is one of the most well-known and well-loved musicals of all time, thanks to the genius of Andrew Lloyd Weber. The show is suitable for ages 8 and up.
5. Princess of Wales Theatre - Anything Goes is playing at the Princess of Wales Theatre from July 17 to August 18. Anything Goes is a classic, vintage Broadway musical, featuring Tony Award Winners Sutton Foster and Joel Grey. The show has also won Tony awards for Best Musical Revival and choreography by Kathleen Marshall.
There are so many great musicals, plays, and comedy shows happening in Toronto this summer; this is only a glimpse into the great culture that the city has to offer. Be sure to buy your tickets and plan your outing soon, while tickets are still available.
5 Star Limousine provide limousine services throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Whether you need a stretch limousine, a ride to the airport, or a special transportation to certain places, we'll be there. You can also choose from a variety of options inside their vehicles, like a flat screen TV, bar, DVD player, leather seats, and even fiber optic lighting. Check out our limousine fleet.Back to Visit Toronto Guide