Trends for Prom
April 10th, 2014
Prom season is quickly approaching, and it is nearly time to start shopping for a dress. If you are wondering what will be in fashion for prom this year, check out these spring 2014 prom trends.
1. High, Lace Necklines – A high neckline with lace trim is big this year. This pretty detail draws attention up toward your face. Go for a soft, sweet color, like a pastel peach or pink. If you are looking for something a bit more dramatic, choose a two-tone dress with lace in a contrasting color from the bodice of the dress.
2. Minimal Embellishments – This year the embellishments will be toned down a bit. Instead of all-over sparkle, like a fully sequined dress, choose a dress with just a bit of embellishment that is concentrated in one area. Go for a dress that has a bejeweled bustier with a solid skirt or just a bit of shimmery trim.
3. Peplum – This isn’t the first season of the peplum, but they continue to be a big hit. If you have a boyish figure, a peplum will add some curves in the right places. Peplums work best on shorter dresses, rather than gowns, which helps to show off your great legs.
4. Asymmetrical Necklines – Want to look like a Greek goddess? Go for an asymmetrical neckline. This is a flattering option for curvy girls, and you can usually wear a regular bra with these types of dresses.
5. 1920s Style – The flapper dress is making a comeback for prom. A vintage-style 1920s flapper dress complete with fringe and beading is tons of fun. If you are going to go flapper, go big, right down to the last feather.
6. Cutout Dresses – Cutouts are big on red carpets. The dresses that you see on the red carpet are often a bit too scandalous for high school, but with a little discretion, you can still rock the cutout style at prom. Just choose cutouts that are small and strategically placed. Cutouts lined with mesh are a great way to work the trend without showing too much skin and keeping it age-appropriate.
7. Chiffon Overlays – Illusions dresses are both fun and elegant. There are two different styles to choose from. A high/low dress (or mullet dress) has a shorter, solid skirt underneath, with a chiffon overlay that is drapes from a shorter layer in front to a full length skirt in the back. A standard illusion skirt has a shorter, cocktail type dress underneath, with a sheer overlay that is floor length. This gives you the best of both worlds – a short dress and a gown all in one.
8. Budget Friendly Dresses – Lots of girls get carried away and spend a fortune on prom, but you can find a great dress at a price that you can afford. Try lulus.com, where you can find a prom dress for under $50.
9. Ombre – Ombre is huge the last couple seasons, from hair to nails to clothes. It’s a great way to incorporate color and make a big impact without necessarily choosing a print. Go for a more subtle ombre, with shades from black to gray to white, or go bolder with shades from purple to pink.
When you are getting ready for prom, don’t forget to reserve your prom limousine! Contact 5 Star Limousine!
We are a limousine service company in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario. We provide a luxurious fleet of limousine and an excellent service to fulfill your limo service needs such as wedding limo,prom limo,bachelor/bachelorette night outs,corporate events, special events, film crews, film festivals and we even provide airport transportation!
We served people from the Scarborough, Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto, and surrounding areas.
We have an elegant fleet of limousines including stretch limos, Hummer limos, and party buses that are perfect for your prom night. Prom is coming soon, so call to make your reservation today.
Contact 5 Star Limousine at http://www.5starlimousine.ca/book.html to make your reservation today and get a special price!Back to Blog Index